Terms & Conditions
It is the responsibility of the client named on this contract to provide a safe working environment for the event. If this is not available, the full amount will remain payable. This includes:
Sufficient access is available for the unloading of the equipment.
- The venue has the required access and area required to allow the equipment to be set up safely.
- The area where the equipment is to be set up is clean and clear from anything that may cause injury or damage to the equipment or participators.
- We reserve the right to refuse to perform or operate the equipment if we believe the venue is unsuitable or unsafe.
- We will not be held responsible for any obstruction, nuisance or interference.
Safety is of paramount importance! The equipment is designed for having ‘fun’ but hirers and participants must take responsibility for using it in a safe manner, as Sunshine Events cannot be held liable in the event of damages or incidents. The hirer will, during the period of the hiring, be responsible for the supervision of the equipment (unless it is stated that Sunshine Events will staff the equipment), its care, safety from damage however slight or change of any sort, and the behaviour of all persons of all ages using the equipment whatever their capacity. You should ensure that you hold the necessary insurance to cover yourself or staff in this instance. Sunshine Events UK excludes any liability for injury loss or damage caused to any person using the equipment contrary to the terms and conditions of this Contract.
The hirer shall not use the equipment for any purpose other than that described in the hiring agreement, and shall not sub hire or use the equipment or allow the equipment to be used for any unlawful purpose or in any unlawful way, nor allow anyone onto the equipment wearing shoes, spectacles, carrying sharp objects, key-rings, metal studded clothing or any other similar items which could cause damage to others or the equipment. No food or drink is to be consumed on the equipment. Inflatable units must remain suitably anchored at all times.
It is at our discretion as to whether the performance should be closed down and if this is the case, the full fee will be payable. This includes:
- The participants are acting in an abusive or aggressive manner.
- The participants are being under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- The conditions are proving to be too dangerous.
Loss or damage:
Loss or damage to the equipment beyond reasonable usage will be deducted from the deposit at the discretion of Sunshine Events. If the deposit does not cover the cost incurred by Sunshine Events we reserve the right to ask for the remaining cost. The hirers name stated on the invoice is the individual held liable for the equipment during the hire period.
In the event of us being prevented from performing due to inclement weather conditions, such as snow, wind, rain or any circumstances beyond our control, then the full fee shown, shall still be payable.
Public Liability Insurance:
We carry public liability insurance for 5 million pounds and it is subject to the terms and conditions of this contract being complied with. Public Liability Insurance is excluded in its entirety following any claim or injury to any third party or employee whether directly or indirectly related to the use of drugs and/or alcohol.
The Client must ensure that a main 13amp power supply is available unless a generator has been specified on this contract. If a 13amp power supply is to be used the client must ensure that it is within 30 meters from the main power source. Should no power supply be available, or the power supply not be adequate to fulfil this contract, then the full fee shown on this contract shall still be payable by the Client.
We ask that a 50% deposit be paid at the time of booking with the remaining 50% paid at least 7 days before the event date. If you wish to make an alternative payment arrangement then please feel free to discuss this when you speak to us at the time of booking.
Payments can be made by BACS, debit / credit card or by cheque (made payable to Sunshine Events UK).
Any cancellations must be received at this office in writing and the following cancellation charges will apply:
- More than 14 days from the date of the event – 33% of the agreed fee plus vat
- Between 14 and 8 days before the date of the event – 66% of the agreed fee plus vat
- Less than 7 days from the date of the event – the full agreed fee plus vat
- Cancellations must be made in writing and cancellations charges must be paid within 7 days of the cancellation.
Changes to this contract:
Any changes to the booking must be notified in writing and these hire terms and conditions are integral with the details outlined on this contract.