Invented in the mid-19th Century, Croquet is a traditional English garden sport enjoyed over the world due to its simplicity. Whilst there are a few different variations on the rules, the basic game is simple: use the mallets to hit the wooden balls through the hoops. At Sunshine Events, we tend to favour ‘Garden Croquet’
Three hoops are laid at each end of the playing field, with a peg in the centre. Teams will need to take turns to hit their balls (each team gets two) through a circuit of all 6 hoops and then back again before the other team. If, during play, you hit another player’s ball, you can perform the classic ‘croquet stroke’ where you hit both balls together, hopefully sending your opponent’s ball into a difficult position and your own into a much better one. Once you completed the circuit in both directions, hit the centre peg (with both your balls) to win!
That’s the basic rules but there’s no reason why you can’t make up your own rules and just play for a bit of fun! The Croquet Hire’s compact nature also make it perfect for customers to collect from our depot, making it a great companion piece of our great range of Giant Games.
What events are the Croquet Hire suitable for?
The Croquet Hire is a perfect game to be played at any outdoor event with a traditional English feel:
- Fun Days
- University Events
- Sports Events
- Birthday Parties
- Garden Parties
- Charity Events
- Village Fete Events
Key Features of the Croquet Hire:
- Everything is included in the Croquet bag
- Can be collect from our depot and returned after your event
- Simple to do, easy to learn, tricky to master!
Head out to the garden on a lovely sunny day and get your mallet ready for a quick game of Croquet!
Equipment Included in the Croquet Set:
- 1 x solid wooden box
- 4 regulation size and weight balls
- 4 x mallets
- Equipment Size: Various
- Operational Area Required: can be tailored to your specific requirements
- Staff: adult supervision required (a fun expert is available)
- Number Of Users: 4
- Recommended Age/Height of Users: 5 years and over
- Access Requirements: Please note that a width of approximately 0.7m is required when moving the equipment through doorways and corridors. If you feel that access may be an issue, such as stairways or lift access, uneven surfaces, obstructions or perhaps long distances then please mention this in your enquiry.
Speak to a Fun Expert today to discuss the bespoke upgrade options available from additional equipment, branding, prizes, props and theming. As we own all our own equipment we have the flexibility to adapt equipment to suit your requirements.