Safety and Insurance
Safety is paramount at Sunshine Events and we pride ourselves on our commitment to providing a high standard of equipment and service to all of our customers. From a single piece of equipment up to a large fun day, we treat each event with the same approach and strive to be the best at what we do!
The main legal requirements that we adhere to are the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 (HASAWA) and the provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998 (PUWER). In practice this is interpreted through BS EN 14960:2006.
Sunshine Events has £10 million public liability insurance from a specialist insurance provider (conditions apply). Please note that our public liability insurance will be renewed on the 1st April 2018. If you require any confirmation prior to this please contact us.
Employers Liability Insurance
Sunshine Events' staff are covered by employers liability insurance from a specialist insurance provider (conditions apply)
Testing and Inspection
- All electrical items and cables are all PAT tested (individual PAT test certificates are available upon request).
- Inflatables are annually tested by an registered RPII inspector who issues a certificate confirming compliance.
- Inflatable slides are inspected by a PIPA inspector.
- Rodeo Equipment and Simulators are tested annually by their manufacturers.
- Food products, including candy floss and popcorn, meet Level 2 Award in Food Safety and Catering.
Staff and Training
The Sunshine Events team are all:
- fully trained by the Sunshine Events management team.
- presented in distinctive uniforms making them easily identifiable at events or unbranded when working for agents.
- most important of all; friendly, experienced and approachable.
- TIPE (The Inflatable Play Enterprise)
- BIHA (British Inflatable Hirers Alliance)
Risk Assessments and Method Statements.
Sunshine Events have comprehensive risk assessments for each piece of equipment. These are constantly reviewed and cover siting, operating and dynamic factors relating to the equipment. Our operators are all issued and understand the importance of running the equipment within set guidelines to ensure the safety of participants and spectators.
Please click here to view / download a risk assessment or method statement.